Friday, October 10, 2008

indicate the change in topics...

i wanna relate something strange and funny that happened to me today, of course having to do with communication. this happened between me and a friend(i hope she's not reading this...)

i was walking with her through the hallways in college, when we spotted a guy and a girl standing at the side. my friend knew the girl, and they greeted each other before we walked pass. after that, my friend told me if i saw the girl do something weird. although i do not know how to explain it here, i did in fact thought that the girl behaved weirdly when she saw my friend and me. and so my friend then tried to explain what she apparently saw, which i didnt.

we kept talking about that as we walked the length of the hallway, until we reached somewhere around LS 7. then she said something about the guy being the girl's brother. i obviously thought that she was still talking about the couple we saw earlier as she gave no indication that the topic changed. so i was a bit puzzled when she said that the guy was the girl's brother, because they were of different race. not to say that's its impossible...but at that time i found it unlikely.

so my friend went on to say that they look alike, but perhaps they're boyfriend and girlfriend. by now, i was more than confused. but i corresponded by saying that if they are boyfriend and girlfriend, the 'weird' thing that the girl supposedly did should mean nothing. at this point she gave me a look, and i immediately knew something was wrong. then she asked me what i was talking about, before realizing it by herself. after that, she finally made things clear.

she was actually talking about a couple who walked pass us at LS 7, not the couple we saw earlier. however, she never gave any, i mean ANY indication that the topic changed, so i continued to assume that she was talking about the earlier couple. we laughed about it, then she said to get back to the main topic. this time, i made sure to ask what main topic she meant.

Post written by
Tham Sue Fern

No comments: