Saturday, September 6, 2008

Everyone's Hero

Yesterday after I've post my 1st blog here, I rush to theatrette for my human com replacement class. BUT, the moment I open the door, I stone for a while because its dark and I was wondering aren't the replacement class suppose to be here? Then I saw Mr M sitting just beside the door and I realize its a MOVIE DAY!!!! Hurray~~!!! I was late for like 10 minutes but still catch up what its about. We're watching an animated comedy movie, "Everyone's Hero".

"Everyone's Hero" is a heartwarming comedy-adventure, telling the story of a young boy's thousand-mile journey to help Babe Ruth and the New York Yankees win the World Series. For me, its like some kind of encouragement movie. It shows that no matter who you are, the spirit, the strength, the desperation inside of you can help you to reach your dream.
I'm sure that Mr M choose this movie its for us to learn something in it, something related to human com right?

In the reality, if you talk to a baseball or a bat, its counted as "INTRAPERSONAL COMMUNICATION" am I right? Intrapersonal communication is 'communication with one self' (as what the text book wrote). You talk to the ball and then you imagine with your thoughts that the ball answering you the question. Owh, come on we do know these things are 'dead', its kinda you, yourself do the 'you ask you answer' conversation.

Throughout the movie, Yankee ( the young boy) keep on SELF-MONITORING himself. No matter, how hard the journey is, he keep on moving cause in his mind he wanted his dad to get his job back. That's the motivation which make him go through all the hardship.

At the end of the movie, there's one quote that i think its quiet nice and memorable, If I'm not mistaken its something like these
"...You can be the smallest, you can be the weakest, you can be the worst player on the field, but when people tell you you're no good, and say you should give it up, you know what you do? You just keep on swinging..."
Just like what I've said the day before this, PERSPECTIVE. Sometimes, you have to make something work by your own opinion not by others'. There's a scene that, Yankee running to the New York train to go back home but on the other way there's another train going Chicago. By right, he should choose the train to New York. But, at the end he choose to go to Chicago to gave the bat back to its owner, Babe.

Communication is not simple. Sometimes, it require trust too. Just like the trustworthy between Yankee and his parents. Stanley (Yankee's dad) suspect his son stole the bat and never listen to him when he tried to tell him the truth. That's what made Yankee going through all these hardship by his own. If Stanley willing to continue the conversation, willing to listen to his son, things like these won't be happened.

Posted by : Phoebe

No comments: