Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Its been a long long day....


XOXO, Phoebe here, your sources to understand human around you.

Supposing I should be in college at 8 o'clock in the morning for the 'heart attack' human com class. 1st something happen in the petrol station while I want to fill up my car's tank. And next, all of a sudden, someone BANG my car! You must be kidding God! Then ended up in police station! Great!!! =.=""""""""" By the time I reach college its already 10. things haven't end yet. I can't believe that there's no ONE SINGLE slot left?!!! After 30 minutes of wasting my petrol and going round and round the car park, I just give up!!! I ended up blocking Ms Debbie's car. Hopefully she's not leaving that soon. Anyway, I still manage to attend the other group's human com class and we watch a movie : "College Road Trip".

At the beginning (where I came in the class), its about a young lady,Melanie, going party with her 2 friends but was lying to her overprotective dad that she's going somewhere else.
Melanie: I CAN NEVER talk to the old man!"
Dad : "Me and my daughter have a solid relationship. We CAN talk anything!"
Parents used to think that they have a close-knit relationship with their children which is not true. Teenagers NEVER TELL EVERYTHING to their parents. We keep every things inside, we rather tell our best friends but not our parents. Trust me, cause I'm one of it.

Parents always thought that they can communicate well with their children. Yea, maybe for children but not for teens. Owh, come on folks. You're trying to communicate with a teen while your thoughts still stay in 90's?! Give me a break. During the road trip, in the car, you can see that Mel's dad is trying so hard to communicate with Mel by playing their old songs which Mel don't even want to remember it and to have a "DEEP" talk. But, things just don't work in this way. You can't fix the broken chain in one day. There's a short scene where Mel's mom scolded Trey(Mel's brother) for hiding in the track and follow them to the road trip. After scolding him, she said : I love you, son. Seriously, how many of our parents do thing like these? Yea, it is a small matter, but right after you scolded your son? This is when the relationship get tight, where the children felt LOVE. You scold them because you care about them, you don't want them to go to the wrong path, and when you told them "I love you" cause you really love them. Afterwards, Trey said : Dad, are you still mad at me for following?" And he said : "Son, i can never stand mad at you!" see?

Cultures, made a different family. It shows in the movie too. I beg you never will forget this. Besides Mel's family, there's another family which is the over-react, over-happy, and the karaokes family. Well, that's the way they are. You might find difficulties to go along with them, but that's their family. Everyone have their "Home sweet home" and their own family's culture and traditions. Its what built a family up.

Trustworthy is important among human. Trust your kids. The decisions they made. Sometimes, mistakes makes us grow.
Mel : I want a Dad who loves me, adore me and are proud to raise a daughter like that and trust me!.

No comments: