Monday, September 8, 2008

My 1st Impression Towards Human Com

There is always a question wondering in my mind "Is the subject of Human Communication related to the field of Mass Communication?"when i was choosing my elective subject at the beginning of my second semester.

Well, after some sort of add drop stuff, I had finally comfirm that Human Communication as 1 of my elective subject. Although it is already two weeks of lectures and tutorials gone now, I still clearly remember the situation of my first day of lecture of Human Com. Firstly, our lecturer, Mr.Murali gave us a brief introduction about himself. He then ask us a question, "How many of you think that Human Com is actually related to Mass Com?" I was pleased with that question as i finally could know the answer of my question towards the subject. I remember the majority of the class included said YES. Unfortunately, the truth always goes the other way. Mr.Murali said NO. I felt a bit dejected as I chose this subject mainly because I thought that it is a path towards Mass Com. However, I remain with the subject because in my opinion, human communication is one of the key to sucess in future.

During the two weeks of lectures and tutorials,I actually realize that this subject is very much different with other subjects, as it is more practical. Especially during our tutorial classes, we don't need to do the tutorial questions like others in class, in fact, we are having group discussion and presentation, games and even watching cartoons which was the activities I experienced this 2 weeks. In my point of view, these activities actually helps to polish our communication skills. Discussion and games provided chances for us to communicate with other students in class, while we may learn some special communicating skill by watching cartoons. As a conclusion, those activities are actually more lively and useful rather than keep studying from the textbook as practices always brings improvement. So, lets communicate more!!!

Posted By: KokChin

1 comment:

We read, think and then we write said...

Erm...as I remember, you're the only one who raise up ur hand in the class when Mr murali ask "who of you think that human com is mass com?"....hahaha...non of us raise our hands but u la....hahaha...anyway, happy for you that u've made ur choice which is to stay and fight v us against assignments/exams/Mr M...hahaha